Lauren's bookshelf: currently-reading

Down Among the Dead Men
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Tuesday 3 January 2012

A Windy Start: Law and Ethics or Housework??

Whilst every facebook and twitter status has also commented on it today, I am just going to chip in and wonder what on earth all that wind was about last night/this morning. I had the worst nights sleep, which has not helped in the slightest with my plan for an 'organised and productive' day. Tonight I think I will have to tape the letterbox and the door knocker down.

So today I was supposed to get up and write a Law and Ethics essay (yawn yawn yawn). They tell me that by the end of my training this will help me be a better paramedic......now if only I could find the motivation to get scribbling. It's not even that its not interesting, I thought the topic would send me to sleep, but it is the fact that it is going to be inconsistently scrutinised by people that are perhaps not quite up-to-scratch with marking schemes and methods, or at least that's how it seems. Also, my local library is pants, and whilst there is a whole shelf of law text books on hubby's bookshelf, none seem to include medical law and ethics so I don't exactly have a great set of references to get me going. I managed a hatched plan and have now moved the subject to the very (very) back of my mind.

Instead, I continued to read my book, did the washing (I know things are bad when I turn to chores as a source of amusement) and eat as many carbs and left over chocolate in possible in preparation for my all protein attack phase diet. Two days left of freely eating and drinking before I turn into a serious grouch.

On the up-side I also did some great online shopping today and bought a full length evening gown from monsoon (£160 reduced to £55), and LBD (£85-£40) and a little pink number (£75-£20). I don't really have the money, but hey who can resist a bargain!!

Tomorrow I really must get this essay under my belt and am returning to Zumba! My predicition.............It's going to be a painful day.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment