Lauren's bookshelf: currently-reading

Down Among the Dead Men
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Wednesday 18 January 2012

Catch Up Time

I haven't been great at keeping up with the blogging, I will blame the never-ending stretch of night-shifts I seemed to have been dealt! But now I am off for a whole week, with time for me me me :)

The Diet

Now on to day 13 of the diet I have reached 8st 8lb. My original target was 8st, but I think I have decided on 8st 7lb as my target now. Firstly, the loss of half a stone has made what feels like a difference to my overall size, but today will tell, as later I plan to dig out the tape measure and see how much change there really has been. But also because I this diet was never about being fat, just having put a little extra on, and wanting to loose that, and get back in shape. So really, I don't want to go overboard, I'm not looking to start a career in modelling after all. So once the final pound has dropped, I am going to enter the consolidation phase, and start introducing carbs again, which to be honest I think makes for a better all-rounded diet. I am going to up the exercise too. One thing that I have got out of this (as well as the weight loss), is realising how much I had been depriving my body of water, and also, that really I had just got greedy. I think I have probably halved my appetite, especially on night shifts. My will-power has stayed pretty strong and I have only slipped once when on night 5/5 I had a Mcd's breakkie on my way home. Okay, so if I was going to cheat, I could have been a little better, but why do things by half. In fact, it gave me an immense stomach ache and I didn't enjoy it at all......serves me right really!

The Book

Having some annoying insomnia since 4ish this morning, I have made it to 75% through the Passage. At about 33% of the way, I was ready to give up, it's not the best book I have read, and nor can I see why it has to be so long......did the author get paid per page? However, saying this, it seems to be improving again, or maybe this is just because I know I am nearing the end??

So, on my day off, up at 7am, tea in hand, I think I will finish my book and crack on with the boring housework chores and enjoy the rest of my week off. Hurrahh!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment