Lauren's bookshelf: currently-reading

Down Among the Dead Men
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Wednesday 11 January 2012

Dukan Day 6: Who knew vegetables were such an exciting prospect!

So a lapse in up-dates, but with my night shifts and looming essay deadline, I have been pre-occupied. Today I start day 6 of the dukan diet, which means the protein only phase is over, and I can now eat some vegetables. I can honestly say that this has never seemed such an exciting prospect until now. The diet has been relatively ok, I mean I love meat, and haven't felt overly restricted, but have started to get fed up of the one texture, and can't wait to crunch on a raw carrot.

I have stood by my guns and churned some will-power out of somewhere and haven't lapsed or cheated. I have lost a total of 4lb in the protein attack phase, my aim was 5 so not too bad considering there was one day with no weight loss at all. I think I could do with cutting down on the eggs though, but they do seem to form the base of so many recipes.

I have been pro-active once again, and searched the internet for suitable recipes, and also found out from a friend that many of the slimming world recipes can be used (some with minor alterations), and have planned a weeks worth of menus to stick on the fridge and help me get through the next stage.

Now, I am said to be cruising. I have chosen to complete 5 days of alternating protein and veg and pure protein, and at the end of this 5 days will move on to a protein day followed by 5 protein and veg days and completed with a protein day. I will compare the weight loss over these two periods and then decide what pattern to stick with until reaching the target weight.

Continuing with my reading challenge, and using my kindle as a distraction from food thoughts, I have started the next book in my reading challenge; The Passage.....and it seems that it's just starting to get interesting!! (Book Review will follow, however, I am only 22% in, so might be a while!)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment