Lauren's bookshelf: currently-reading

Down Among the Dead Men
0 of 5 stars
tagged: currently-reading

goodreads.com

Thursday 19 January 2012

The Passage: A Book Review

I have finally finished the slog that was 1008 pages, and to be truly honest, I think the only reason I carried on past the 30% mark, was the tea and book challenge.


It started off promising, and you started to 'feel' the characters and really become interested in their story. Written like a crime thriller, it kept me captivated and intrigued. And then, it all of a sudden jumps to a whole new set of characters in a whole new time zone, and for a while is just seriously baffling. I must admit, sticking with it, it eventually became quite gripping again, but with such a disappointing ending, I feel like it was a waste of all those pages. My first criticism is that it is far too long, and for what is achieved, I think the book could have been half the length. My second, that it felt like two split books, written by different authors, which made it confusing. Having said this, I like the concept of the story, and it did have some great characters (some not so great), maybe with some heavy editing, an okish book could have been a great one??

That's 2 out of 4 for my book challenge......now what to choose next?

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment